Work With Us
JG Neukomm Architecture, PLLC is an award-winning New York City architecture and interior design studio recognized for engaged, client-focused, conceptual design. Our work includes a diverse range of multi-residential, commercial, and private projects.
We are seeking a full-time Architectural Designer with 1-2 years of professional experience, this is not an entry level position.
The Architectural Designer will have exceptional design talent, is self-driven and motivated, and thrives in a collaborative environment. The applicant must be able and interested to engage in all phases of a project from schematic design through construction administration and FF&E.
The position will involve:
- Working closely with the Firm Principal and other senior staff on all aspects of projects
- Preparing designs:
- Writing specifications, as required
- Coordinating with material manufacturers
- Inspecting raw materials for quality control
- Performs design studies, physical and digital modeling, product and material research
- Consults with clients, contractors, and officials to determine extensive requirements of the project including building use, program, size and structure
- Analyze building codes, by-laws, space and site requirements, and other technical documents and reports to determine their effect on architectural designs
- Plan and prepare scopes for building exteriors and interiors design and research technical systems, appropriate to part of project assigned
- Coordinate with engineering and specialty consultants to integrate engineering, technical and specialty design aspects into unified architectural design solutions
- Performs other non-project specific and ongoing tasks, such as material library maintenance or topical research
- Bachelor’s Degree is required and Master’s Degree is preferred
- 1-2 years of experience in the field
- Excellent strategic or critical thinking ability
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, and Rhino
- Excellent rendering skills
- Excellent physical and digital model-making skills
Please send detailed cover letter, resume and portfolio (PDF format, only) to email@example.com by May 1st to be considered.